Congratulations, you’ve turned your spark of an idea into a story!
Is your manuscript complete, but needs some polishing? Maybe you simply have a few chapters written, but you’re wondering if they are the best they can be.
That’s where I come in.
My Critique Package will give an overall evaluation of your manuscript in a constructive and practical way.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
I will provide feedback on your manuscript’s strengths and weakness while addressing these key elements.
- Plot & Pacing: Are the events that make up the main storyline captivating? Are the stakes high enough? Is your story’s rhythm engaging to readers, propelling plot and momentum forward?
- Character Development: Are the characters fully realized and compelling? Will they have the readers emotionally invested? Is your protagonist active?
- Writer Style: Is your voice consistent, authentic, and intriguing? Is the story enjoyable to read? Does the writing voice flow and fit the tone of the book?
- World-building: Whether it’s fantasy, sci-fi, contemporary, historical, etc – is your setting vivid and believable? Do both the physical location and cultural environment leave the reader feeling fully present?
Please note: services do not include line editing or proofreading.
All manuscripts should be 12pt, black type, double spaced, and in an easily readable font such as Times New Roman, Courier, or Arial.
BRONZE CRITIQUE PACKAGE – [$30]
First 10 pages of your manuscript.
The beginning of your book is key to grabbing the reader’s attention, establishing setting and time, introducing the main character, and hinting at a dramatic situation or conflict. You will receive detailed notes on how to improve your introduction.
SILVER CRITIQUE PACKAGE – [$75]
First 50 pages of your manuscript.
With this number of pages, the inciting incident should have occurred, and the plot should be well underway. Does the story have an engaging hook? Are you telling instead of showing? Any shifts in POV?
GOLD CRITIQUE PACKAGE – [$150]
First 100 pages of your manuscript.
Within the first hundred pages, the reader should be fully invested in the storyline and cast, and the protagonist should be struggling to determine how the conflict will be solved. Do the characters have depth? Is there a lack of beats for pacing and description? Is there enough conflict?
PLATINUM CRITIQUE PACKAGE – [$250]
Full manuscript (up to 80,000 words)
I will provide an editorial letter giving you an overview of your writing voice, setting and storyworld, secondary characters, and overall strengths and weaknesses of your manuscript. For manuscripts over 80k, additional fees will apply.
When it comes to my novels, there’s no one I trust more than Sam. Not only is her feedback always on point, but she has the unique ability to deliver thoughtful, thorough criticism without wounding or coddling. So long as I’m writing—and so long as she’s willing—I’ll be coming to Sam for her expert critique.
Fantasy Author. Vlogger.
Sam has an amazing eye for detail, and does a great job at reminding you that this is your story–she’s just here to help YOU elevate it. She takes your hand, so you learn with her and can eventually work the piece of work out yourself. And at the end of it, you not only feel accomplished but proud of what you’ve created.
I honestly can’t say enough great things about Sam and her feedback. She’s both thoughtful and accurate in addition to being completely honest. She cares about improving your work just as much as you do and always puts forth more effort than is even expected. Sam has the ability to see things I never even thought about. My writing has improved after taking in her critiques and applying them to my manuscript.
Bella Rose Pope
- Copyright is always yours. I will respect the confidentiality of your work as well as your legal claim over it.
- Writing is subjective. Me loving your work does not guarantee others will too.
- My editing services cannot guarantee representation, publication, or sales.
- If for some reason I feel that I am not a good fit for your manuscript, I reserve the right to decline my services.
- All payments made via PayPal. Work begins when the payment is received.
- Services are non-refundable.
LET’S GET STARTED
If interested, send an email with the title ‘Critique Package’ to email@example.com
In the email, include a brief synopsis of your manuscript, and the critique package you are interested in. My specialty is fantasy, science-fiction, and romance. However, I am open to other genres.
I look forward to helping make your manuscript the best it can be.